Steve Jürvetson – polymath, world renowned venture capitalist, thinker of human evolution by Globaalsed eestlased
This is the 20th episode – as you know, every tenth episode we make is a special where I talk to someone who is of Estonian descent yet doesn’t speak the seemingly unintelligible language, or is a big friend of Estonia who is contributing to the success of Estonia. If you haven’t listened to our previous special episode with Jenik Radon, I encourage you to do so.
We’re recording this on March 24 2017, and my guest today is an Estonian-American polymath, a world renowned venture capitalist, and the Estonia’s first e-resident outside Europe – Steve Jurvetson. In his day job, he invests in bold human endeavors in quantum computing, deep learning, electric cars, rockets, synthetic biology, genomics, robotics, and other areas.
In this episode we will talk about
- His technology-infused, Estonian-subtext upbringing in Arizona.
- How chip design and computing is undergoing a fundamental shift using biomimicry?
- Why learning 9 programming languages is not as hard as 9 human languages, and what advice does he give to young people starting out in technology?
- How does he think about the future of humanity in the light of accelerating rich-poor gap, automation, and why will robots be the slaves, not humans?
- And his thoughts on why Estonia is competitive on the world stage.